Easy Access web
The Bilbao Fine Arts Museum Website complies with all the accessibility directives for Level Double-A Website content specified by the W3C. All Priority 1 and 2 requisites have been exhaustively checked in order to guarantee compliance with current legislation.
The following are just some of the steps taken to assure accessibility to the Bilbao Fine Art Museum’s Website:
Compliance with Standards
- Priority requisites 1 and 2 for all pages were checked using the Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool and also by checking contents manually.
- All pages of this website are written in strictly valid HTML5 code.
- Cascading style sheets on this website are written in CSS 2 and css 3 code.
All pages include 4 well-differentiated areas:
- Header that includes main navigation.
- Lateral section column.
- Main content area.
- Footer that includes primary and secondary navigation.
All documents respect and maintain the order of these four areas, even when there are no cascading style sheets and when a screen reader is used.
- All pages on this site use a structured semantic markup. Header elements are used to transmit the logical structure of the pages.
- Units of relative measure are used in textual elements.
- Should a browser not have those necessary components for Flash content, a replacement technique will be used.
- All contents are useable and accessible, even when the use of images and scripts has been disabled.
All Website images contain the “alt” attribute in order to provide an equivalent text for non textual elements, with the exception of merely decorative images.
Tabulation of contents
All page elements follow a logical tabulation order to assure keyboard navigation of the same.
Access for Users with Hearing Impairment
This Website includes sign-language videos for each of the works selected for the museum visit..
These videos for the hearing impaired are encrusted in a fixed section of the Website that also contains additional content (original text). In order to watch the videos, you must have the Adobe Flash Player installed in your Browser.